Saturday 31 March 2018

Reflection of Personal Growth

This has been a very interesting course.  After moving from the UK, it has provided an introduction to working with children with exceptionalities. I think it was much more beneficial being a classroom teacher in the Ontario system while taking the course because I was able to see examples of the different exceptionalities on a daily basis. Ironically, I found that being an occasional teacher served as an advantage because I would go into a different classroom nearly every day, thus I saw a wider variety of exceptionalities compared to being in one classroom all of the time.
During the course, I began going to one school in particular and again this was helpful with the course because I was able to get to know the Resource Teacher and see things at a deeper level.
So all in all, I couldn't have taken this course at a better time.  It was a great introduction.

I think many people go on to work more specifically in this area, however upon reflection, I still like the idea of how children are mainstreamed in the class and I think I am better suited to dealing with the children in this way, rather than in a more concentrated manner.

All in all, I think have grown as a teacher, by taking this course and so I would reccomend it to anyone teaching in the Ontario school system.

No comments:

Post a Comment